Saturday, February 25, 2012

I AM LION, HEAR ME ROAR! - *meow*

Yeah, if you just read that title and went, "Wow. This chick is off her rocker!" than that's okay. : ) I was just thinking of how I'm not really taken seriously as a writer because of my age.

And, well, it kinda pisses me off. You know?

So, yeah, it sucks. And the best part? No matter how good I write, the people who don't take me seriously still will tear me down. So, ya know what I'm gunna do?

Say, "SCREW YOU!" and write the way I want to.

Because if you can't please yourself with your own writing -

then how will you ever please others?

People can read into what you find your passion to be and what you don't. If you aren't passionate about what you write, then don't write it. If your own topic doesn't interest you, then it won't be as AH-MAZING as something that does interest you.

Like me. I was writing a book that stopped being my passion after about one-hundred-and-something pages in. What I originally thought I was going to write, I didn't, because I wasn't sure that (if in the book-market) it would sell. So I wrote something that I thought would sell, and I got bored with it because it wasn't me - it was like someone was manipulating my words, my writing. There was something not me about it.

My most trusted and beloved proof-reader (the only one who gave me bad feedback as well as good - who told me the truth if it needed work instead of just saying "Oh, yeah, it's amazing!" when really it wasn't) told me that it just didn't seem like my heart and soul was really into the book anymore.

And, you know what?

HE WAS RIGHT!

I wasn't into it anymore. I was only writing what I thought EVERYONE ELSE would like when, really, the only person's approval I needed was my own.

I might not be an adult, but, you know what?

If you are a real author in your soul

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment