Saturday, January 21, 2012

City of Fallen Angels, by Cassandra Clare

Although I did like it, it just.... wasn't the same, you know? And, don't get me wrong - I LOVE this series - be Val is defeated soooo.... what's the point in the continuing of this series? I thought the whole big deal was taking him down and, well, he's DOWN. So I guess I just don't get it. Anyway, I really wanted to see more of Clary's POV, Jace's, and the rest of the cast instead of just focused mostly on Simon. I mean, I think Simon is hysterical, but a whole book about him? Personally, if you're going to write a whole book in his POV when it wasn't like that before? Probably best to do a sort of spin-off series or book, instead of changing the orignal series, you know?

But, with that aside, I thought it was pretty good. Not my favorite of all the books, but it was okay. I felt kind of disappointed, actually, because I'd been waiting to get my hands on this frikin book for about two months, and couldn't find it. Any. Where! And then, I finally found it, and it was so pretty! Love at first sight!

But, well, you know what they say.... Never judge a book by its cover.

So, yeah, I'm sorry, I was A LOT of disappointed hopes. When it was over, I felt like crying. I get it, I'm being a little over the top, but I was all, "Yeah! I FINALLY got this book!" and then it was.... that. I don't know, it wasn't that great. And I'm a big fan of Clare's, I've read the rest of the series and her Infernal Devices spin-off series, too. It was a real let-down.

And the rest of the book? Well, it was basically all Clary, really. And Jace. And Clary, and Jace. And Clary and Jace making out. And Clary and Jace getting naked. And Jace trying to kill her. And Clary and Jace making out.... again.

I'm sorry, I want some POV from the other characters, thank you very much. I'm not saying the book was crappy, okay? I'm saying.... I expected more!

But anyway, I've gotta go. Staying up 'til 2 AM is not doing anything for me.... even though I just got up from taking a five-hour cat-nap a little bit ago.... especially since I was feeling like utter shit yesterday.

So, till next time!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment